18th November 2021
Sahara Trek 2021
Date: 18th November – 23rd November 2021
Minimum Sponsorship: £1,500
Join us for a trip of a lifetime and tick the Sahara Desert off your bucket list in 2021.
Day 1 (Thu): LONDON/MARRAKECH/OUARZAZATE Depart London for Marrakech. On arrival we immediately set off for a journey across the High Atlas Mountain Range to our overnight stop in Ouarzazate (journey time approx. 4 hours). Dinner and overnight in a local hotel.
Day 2 (Fri): OUARZAZATE/OULAID DRISS/SAHARA DESERT An early start to travel further south, along ancient caravan routes and into the arid scenery of the Sahara desert. After lunch, you will meet up with your trekking team, consisting of local Berber guides and their camels, and start the trek. Overnight under the stars in bivouacs (or tents weather permitting).
Day 3 (Sat) – 4 (Sun): SAHARA DESERT Spend 2 complete days out in the Sahara, with only your other trekkers and the support team for company! Each day you will walk at the pace of the camels, passing sand dunes, the occasional oasis, and mile after mile of natural beauty, a million miles away from daily life in the UK! Each night camp is set up under the stars.
Day 5 (Mon): SAHARA DESERT/OULAID DRISS/MARRAKECH This morning it’s a final trek back to the village where you will bid farewell to your team of camels and the local Berbers, and head back overland to Marrakech (journey time approx. 7 hours). Enjoy a celebratory dinner tonight!
Day 6 (Tue): MARRAKECH / LONDON Some free time this morning to explore the exotic city of Marrakech before flying back to London (subject to flight times).
Trip Cost Includes:
- Flights from the UK (including all airport taxes & airline fuel surcharges)
- All transfers & transport in Morocco
- Accommodation in 3 star hotels (2 nights), tents on trek (3 nights)
- All meals throughout
- Welcome dinner
- Celebration Farewell dinner with certificates
- Local trek guides, camels for porters, and full support crew on trek
- 24-hour emergency support in Morocco and the UK
- Trekking permits
- Different Travel Tour Leader
- Full admin and pre-departure support
- Presentation evening and pre-departure trek briefing
- 1 free charity place
Trip Cost Does Not Include:
- Personal expenses (such as drinks, laundry etc)
- Any visas or vaccinations required
- Optional tips Personal travel insurance