Activity and Rehabilitation Centre (ARC) Assistant
Hours: Part time – hours to be agreed
Salary: £18,278 pa (pro rata)
Location: Kennington, Oxford
Responsible to: Operations Manager/Activity Co-ordinator
Summary of Post
To assist the Activity Co-ordinator in the day to day running of the Activity and Rehabilitation
1. To support the Activity Co-ordinator in setting up the centre for daily activities and
clearing away at the end of each session/day.
2. To support service users to participate in therapy sessions (following instruction from
therapists and/or Activity Co-ordinator).
3. To keep accurate records of attendance from service users.
4. To drive HWO vehicles to transport service users as necessary.
5. To assist the Activity Co-ordinator to identify the needs of members attending Headway
6. To work with members to set targets and appropriate personal goals.
7. To monitor members’ progress and maintain records in hard copy files and data base as
per HWO practices and procedures.
8. To liaise with carers (both family and paid) of members and provide appropriate support.
9. To adhere to all HWO policies, practices and procedures.
10.To provide personal care to individual members if required.
11.To support other HWO activities and events and encourage fundraising.
12.To attend supervision sessions, team meetings and out of hours meetings if required.
13. To undertake any reasonable additional duties as prescribed from time to time by your
1. Experience of working with people with a disability in a paid, volunteer or carer capacity.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills.
3. Ability to communicate at all levels, verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to work as part of a small team.
5. Ability to run small group activities as directed by your co-ordinator/line manager.
6. Ability to assist with transferring or moving members where necessary (training
7. Willingness to attend meetings and training events and gain relevant qualifications
outside normal working hours.
8. IT skills.
9. Ability to organise own workload.
10.Commitment to equal opportunities.
11.Full UK driving license and willingness to drive minibuses (or similar) to transport service
users around the county.
1. Experience of working with people affected by brain injury.
2. NVQ Level 2 in Care or willingness to train