Activities Coordinator Job Vacancy
Hours: 37 hours per week
Pay scale: starting salary £21k
Place of work: 4 Bagley Wood Road, Kennington, OXON, OX1 5PL
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Aims of the post:
- To coordinate and develop the provision of positive activities, information and
rehabilitation opportunities within Headway Oxfordshire’s Activity and Rehabilitation
Centre (ARC) for those affected by brain injury.
- To assist management in the continued development and improvement of these
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. To work with individuals/family/carers and professionals to generate personalised
‘support plans’ that reflect the needs and wants of individuals with acquired brain
injury and assist in their rehabilitation and independence.
2. To organise activity programmes that reflect the identified needs of individuals
3. To be responsible for ensuring that activities are safely delivered, and that health
and safety policy is adhered to.
4. To ensure the safety of all service users by completing accurate risk
assessments and by following safeguarding procedures when necessary.
5. To attend Allocations meetings and co-ordinate the incoming referrals for support
planning and activity programmes.
6. To sign post to other organisations or agencies, that may benefit the rehabilitation
or independence of individuals with ABI.
7. To develop programmes of work/activities that support the rehabilitation of those
8. To sign post individuals to other elements of HWO’s support services as required
9. To liaise with HWO’s therapy services and co-ordinate referrals into these
services in line with individuals support plans and rehabilitation needs
10. To keep accurate and timely records of all clients seen, visits made and
outcomes, both written and on Headway Oxfordshire’s database as required.
11. To write department reports as required.
12. To attend regular supervision sessions with manager and attend Headway
Oxfordshire staff meetings.
13. Other duties as required by line manager.
Essential Criteria Desirable Criteria
Experience of working with people with Social work or nursing qualification or
a disability in a paid, volunteer or carer equivalent
Experience in organising meaningful Experience of working with people with
activities aimed at improving individual’s a brain injury
Experience of writing support plans Experience of advice work, advocacy or
and/or working to support plan counselling
Experience of working with challenging Qualifications in people or project
behaviours in group and/or 1-1 settings management
Experience of leading and/or Knowledge of voluntary sector
Excellent interpersonal skills Good IT skills
Ability to communicate at all levels,
verbally and in writing
Ability to organise own workload
Commitment to equal opportunities