Our ABI Navigators are there for you right from the start of your rehabilitation journey, from early diagnosis and throughout the various stages of rehabilitation. Our ABI Navigators will meet with you to discuss your needs and plan a way forward with you.
It is important to us that you receive support that is appropriate and matches your rehabilitation needs. Once a referral has been made, a ‘Resilience-Based Assessment’ is carried out so that we can find out the best way to support you and your needs to reach your goals. We may then offer you a support package and/or refer you to a range of appropriate services.
As part of our care package and rehabilitation programme, you may choose to engage with the ABI Community Navigator Service (CNS) to support your route to independence, empowering you to ‘take control’ and get more out of life.
Headway Oxfordshire employs ABI Community Navigators to support individuals through a fixed programme of work around the most common challenges faced by those affected by brain injury.
Options for session content will be agreed with you at the assessment stage. Areas that we cover with this service may include:
- Finance management – debts/budgeting
- Healthy eating – diet/meal planning
- Healthy Environment – maintaining a healthy home environment, reducing risk
- Social engagement – reducing isolation through active engagement with community opportunities
- Vocational – accessing work, education, or volunteering
- Welfare rights information
- Support for the Carer or family member
As a part of our charitable offer, we want to ensure that those affected by brain injury get the very best rehabilitation outcomes possible. Often, people in the early stages of their journey can struggle with both the enormity of the challenges in front of them and to navigate their way through the systems that are their for their reablement. Where possible and appropriate, we will offer access to our Community Integration Programme (CIP)to give you the best possible chance of reaching your rehabilitation and reablement goals. CIP offers a variety of rehabilitation opportunities, including:
- Physical therapies
- Access to our specialist gym and equipment
- A regular placement within our Activity and Rehabilitation Centre
- Access to a variety of workshops and positive activities
- Respite for carers